Frida 15.1.17 Released ∞release
One notable improvement in this release is that
Java.backtrace() got a major
overhaul. It is now lazy and >10x faster. I have also refined its API,
which is now considered stable.
While working on frida-java-bridge, I optimized how Env objects are handled, so we can recycle an existing instance if we already have one for the current thread.
The remaining goodies are covered by the changelog below, so definitely check it out.
- Fix devkits for i/macOS, Android, and QNX, where parts of libiconv were missing.
- Improve devkit packaging on LLVM toolchains.
- Improve diet mode support in GLib.
- cmodule: Expose g_strndup().
- cmodule: Expose Gum’s Thread Local Storage API.
- java: Rework Java.backtrace() to be lazy and >10x faster.
- Move thread transition and stack walking logic to CModule.
- Return a Backtrace object instead of an array with the frames.
- Provide a cheap id property that can be used for deduplication.
- Lazily compute the frames when accessing the frames property.
- java: Avoid expensive Env creation when possible.
- python: Improve index URL handling. Thanks @GalaxySnail!